Monday, September 24, 2012

Hot Search -- Grace Driscoll

You would not believe the hits I get from people searching for information on Grace Driscoll, Shock Jock preacher Mark Driscoll's wife. People come to my site looking for information about her more than any other reason. In fact, I get 8 times the amount of traffic looking for her than I do for Mark Driscoll, himself.

The people coming to my site are looking for three different things concerning her.

Most people come looking for information concerning her affair. I'm pretty sure that they mean the time when she and Mark first started dating and she had sex with someone else. Seriously, I don't know how they can determine that this could even be called an affair since, a far a I know, they weren't even engaged yet. But Mark makes such a big deal concerning it in his book, I guess people don't know what else to call it.  Or maybe people are hoping to find juicy info on a current affair because they love gossip or perhaps Mark's internet watchdogs are the ones coming here, making sure Grace really isn't having an affair today. It's hard to tell.

The next group of people come here looking for Grace Driscoll's blog. I guess they are very interested in whatever she has to say, being married to a celebrity preacher and prima donna attention seeker.

The third group with the biggest hits are the ones looking for Grace Driscoll abuse. I guess, because they, like me, cannot watch the rantings and ravings of her lunatic husband displaying his misogyny without wondering what kind of abuse Grace is experiencing at home. It's hard to believe that there isn't any going on.

Anyway, as a service to all the people coming here looking for something, anything, about Grace Driscoll I'm going to put a link here so you can see everything I have ever said about her, which isn't much. But at least you can find it all in one spot.

Everything that I have ever said about Grace Driscoll on this blog including the letter my friend Charis wrote to her.

There. Now you have it.


7 comments:

Wenatchee the Hatchet said...

"fornication" is harder to remember and harder to spell and in these days cheating is considered bad regardless of marital status and could be conflated with "affair". This could all be a function of something like auto-correct or auto-complete through Apple products. ;)

Mara Reid said...

They were both fornicating at the time.
And sure cheating is a bad thing.
But the conflating up to "affair" status...

Whatever.

I think the "Husbands love your wives" bit in the Bible should have pulled Driscoll up short before he started announcing to all the world that Grace cheated way back when they first started dating before either of them were ready to make a long term commitment.
It really isn't right that the highest search phrase that brings people to my blog is "Grace Driscoll Affair"

Grace is not loved, honored, or cherished on any level by the actions and words of her husband when this is the result of his teaching on marriage.

Julie Anne said...

Amen to that comment, Mara ^^^^

His comments are disgusting.

Mara Reid said...

Thanks, Julie Anne.

BTW WTH. I'm not sure I know what you mean by auto correct or auto complete through apple products.
Since I'm feeling ignorant on this and I don't like feeling ignorant, I wouldn't mind someone explaining it to me.

Wenatchee the Hatchet said...

If people don't turn off the auto-correct and auto-complete elements of mobile devices or go with the path of least resistance search algorithms (sic) can favor A over B in a search even if B were the more accurate term. I could type in one term and Google would default to another term if I didn't properly spell a term or if there are more hits on a topic with a thematically related word that word could come up more often. Most people probably don't use fornication in normal speech (just as few casually throw around terms like amillenial partial preterist) and so it may be just plain easier to type "affair" than "fornication". Pastor scandals tend to default to "affair" in popular imagination as it is.

Mara Reid said...

Okay, I get it now.
I have a cell phone but I never go on internet with it, hence my ignorance.
I'd rather wait and use my good ol' computer at home or at work.
Thanks.

Unknown said...

It’s really a nice and useful piece of info. I am
glad that you just shared this useful information with us.
Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.


Vicky
www.gofastek.com