Thursday, March 11, 2010

He Will Make It Up to Me

Joel 2:25 Then I will make up to you for the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the creeping locust, the stripping locust, and the gnawing locust, My great army with I sent among you.

This is the first promise of restoration we will look at because it is in direct response to Joel 1:4 which we looked at in our March 4th post.

And this is God's promise. How He will do it? When He will do it? His timing is above mine. He knows my heart and the hearts of all those who need to be restored. He knows when I will be ready and when others will be ready and He will move accordingly.

But the most important thing to remember is that HE PROMISED!

And if He promised, HE WILL KEEP IT.

Another thing to remember, which most who have been ravaged by the locust already know, we cannot work this up in ourselves. We can only make ourselves ready to receive the gift. We need to ask questions about where we need to be and what we need to do to get into position to receive. But we cannot receive it until God pours it out. We can only trust that if He said He will restore, then He will restore.

He is not a man that He can break His promises.

7 comments:

JaneDoeThreads said...

Oh, He Restores Mara, LOL,

it's not 'things' He restores, it's He gives you HIM,

LOL, and then those things, don't matter anymore...because it's all IN HIM, all of it,

~~sigh~~ and It is just out of This WORLD,

the Problem is we've been taught by False Doctrine to seek THINGS, rather than to SEEK and THIRST for HIM,

OH TO THIRST FOR HIM--because Religion has so sterilized the whole relationship, the whole covenant, the whole marital union between Christ and the church, in a way that they have Polluted what it really is,

it's Why Paul was able to be beaten and whipped and shipwrecked and Burning, Burning in LOVE for the Brethren, to KNOW CHRIST, to really KNOW HIM,

to be THAT intimate with HIM, that is HOW He restores,

with HIMSELF. AND HE ain't lying, it's ALL IN HIM,

lol, it really is. HE created EVERY good thing, HE is a JEALOUS GOD,

oh, Jealous Mara,

only way to find it is to pray and HUNGER for HIM, to be STRIPPED OF EVERYTHING, really stripped,

just like in Hosea. Oh, He rocks our world Mara, HE so rocks our world, and yea, SOS, has a WHOLE different meaning for me now, who needs MEN, seriously,

LOL.

Love,

Jane

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JaneDoeThreads said...

Mara, just checking, are you O.K.? Been thinking about you a lot, anyway, look on my blog, I will be posting something, today, think you'll like. Something I am seeing in my life/living with psychotic you know, and sorting through the Why God allows us to be in captivity [numerous reasons, I know why mine is can't say for anyone else]--what is it we are to learn, how NOT to be destroyed by it--etc., the trials of our Faith [James], so, anyway, thinking of you, sending you love and support

Love,

Jane

Mara Reid said...

I'm okay, Jane. Just busy beyond what is fair.

I'll get over there when I can.

孝仁 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
www.wanetadawn.com said...

Thanks Mara for the encouragement. I've been so discouraged lately. Life has been almost 100% doing work I hate. It's even forcing me to pause or slow down my blogging, which wasn't that prolific in the first place.

Jane, I also end up having my God-time while I work, instead of when I set everything else aside. He is faithful. He walks with me through it all.

I guess I think of His restoring what the locusts have eaten as entering a time when I don't have to work so hard just to survive. The locusts didn't eat my relationship with God. They ate my human relationships. They ate my means of sustanence, forcing me to work very hard to make ends meet. I am tired. I would like relief. I would like work that is meaningful to me.

Jane, are you suggesting that God doesn't restore what was taken, but instead enlarges our relationship with Him? While that sounds wonderful, the thought of no relief from my heavy load is discouraging.

Have you ever been too tired to pray in the morning? I have. In fact, I had that all week. Most of my praying is while I work, but some days I just don't have the energy to both put out physical labor and emotional/spiritual labor.

Mara Reid said...

Thanks Waneta.
I have more to say about restoration and actually wanted to get it all said in March.
As you can see, it didn't happen.
I'm now going to do an update on me post and why I've been absent from blog land recently.