Friday, April 13, 2012

Driscoll's NC Position=Unconditional Acceptance?

Concerning the ongoing drama of Driscoll speaking at Liberty University, a Southern Baptist pastor asks:
But, why does Mark Driscoll seem to get a pass, particularly on issues which non-conservative pastors would most certainly not be allowed to skate by? One answer might be because of his Reformed/Calvinistic theology. I don’t know how many times I have read something along the lines of, “Well, I don’t agree with everything that Pastor Mark preaches, but he preaches the Gospel.” That in itself gives me pause to question what they mean by “Gospel.” I didn’t realize that preaching the “Gospel” automatically exempted leaders from the Biblical standard of “being above reproach,” including with those outside the church. As one who is an inconsistent Calvinist in my theology, surely we can find better Reformed role models for students in our colleges, universities, and seminaries to emulate than Mark Driscoll.


Hhmmm. You would think.

To read the rest of what Howard Scott has to say about the Driscoll Machine go to:


No comments: