Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Testament References to Love

We are no where near done looking at all the places in the Old Testament that speak of God's love. But I thought we'd look at a few places in the New Testament before we move onto something else.



Ephesians 2:4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,

Vs 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Vs 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ,

Vs 7 in order that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.



I Corinthians 2:9 But just as it is written, Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard and which have not entered the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him. (Isaiah 64:4 & 65:17)



This theme of love, referred to in the Old Testament, is carried over into the New Testament. Above are a few good ones. And I haven't even brought up the words of Jesus or the words of John in his letters.

(I post dated this so it would end up in Feb even though I didn't post it until March 1. I'm just too busy.)

1 comment:

shadowspring said...

Thank you Mara. Your blog enriches my heart.