Monday, October 18, 2021

The ESV Translation Is Dishonest

 And it has a particualar agenda. And the (scare quotes) "Translators" were not afraid to change the very meaning of the Holy Writ in order to MAKE THEIR BIBLE CONFORM TO THEIR PERSONAL DOCTRINE. I'm really surprised by the lack of the fear of God among the ESV translators. Do they really think that God won't call them into account for tweaking His Word to make it say what they want?

This has been said here before. It will most likely be said again. 

Deconstructing the ESV


2 comments:

Gem said...

This is the reason I posted on Shirley's blog. I visit the church of my 4 adult children and their families several months a year during my snowbird landing and their pastor has quoted from ESV Gen 3:16 as well as preached about male headship and wife submission so I have been sending him letters- one of which I basically copied to Shirley's blog- felt like too much time wasted not to post somewhere. :)

I don't think he means to hurt people but it is a HUGE blind spot and why "the church" is so manifestly unattractive and losing the younger generations in droves nowadays IMO

My life has changed so much that it has no personal impact on me anymore and I don't have that passion to "fix it". Too tired of
"crying out in the wilderness"

Mara Reid said...

I get it.

I'm freshly divorced this year and don't need to rehash so many of the things that we've gone through a decade ago.

I'm recovering from Narcissistic abuse and wanting to heal from my PTSD and the anger that still comes over me from time to time. I still get triggered remember something else the ex did to me to try to destroy who I was when we were married.

In other words. I am also going a bit of a different direction. Personally, I am seeing healing in the Poetic Books of the Bible. Part of me wonders if I should share this healing with others. Either on this blog under this pseudonym or somewhere else under my real name. Or do I just need to keep this stuff to myself and refrain from doing a different sort of crying in the wilderness.