Thursday, February 7, 2013

Another Child Set Free

Thanks to Joe at Incongruous Circumspections for the heads up on this article of a woman who has exited Westboro Baptist Church.

I rarely mention people or groups, who are this far gone over the cuckoo's edge because I simply don't know what to say. A little bit of snark can go a long way. But the amount of snark that it would take to express my disgust with Westboro? It's better to just back off and let people with more grace deal with those wackos.

BUT, when I hear about someone who has escaped a cultic group like Westboro, I do want to bring it to the attention of others. There is hope in spite of vast amounts of brain-washing riddled with, "Thus saith the Lord"s. People can and do escape.

Here is an article about Megan Phelps-Roper:
Damsel, Arise

No comments: